I used to be the worst over-packer when I was younger, I brought my entire closet for a two day trip in case I didn´t have anything to wear, yes we´ve all been there! Now I´m the exact opposite, I much rather get straight off the plane with my carry-on bag than having to wait one hour for my suitcase to arrive, you´ll be surprised on how long you can survive with just a few pieces of clothing. I´m sure many of you are better at packing than I am, but I have a couple tricks up my sleeve that will make it more efficient and fun.
- I start by making a packing list on my phone a week in advance, that way I´ll have plenty of time to make sure I don´t forget anything.
- Whenever I see an cute outfit on Instagram I save it and look back at it for some inspiration when I´m packing.
- If I´m checking in luggage I still always bring a carry-on in case my suitcase don´t arrive on time. I pack toiletries, underwear, one outfit, jewelry and other expensive items in this bag.
- Roll instead of folding your clothes, you´ll have so much more space in your suitcase.
- I pack all my purses and expensive shoes in dust bags to prevent them from getting scratches when things get tight and cosy in my suitcase. Likewise with all liquids that I bring, I put everything in two plastic bags to make sure nothing spills..
I tend to pack some weird things that are probably unnecessary for most people, but I like to be as comfortable as possible when I´m traveling for weeks at a time.
- My own shampoo and conditioner
- Noodles and crackers in case I get hungry on the flight or in the middle of the night